Woody's

Woody's

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why not another post = )

Can you believe all this snow!! It's still snowing in Rogers as I'm sure everywhere else surrounding. The crazy thing is I talked to my dad and it didn't do ANYTHING in Conway. Crazy! My parents couldn't believe how much snow we got and was glad it wasn't them. I wish it wasn't us too in a way- stinks I missed work but kind of nice to have a day off as well and the snow is soooo pretty. But I really hope the next little storm were suppose to get Sunday doesn't happen. Here's some pictures of the snow

                                            This was taken around noon



The picture from above was taken when Andrew and I got cabin fever and decided to brave a trip to Wal-Mart. I wanted some stuff to make chili or stew or something! Oh and some brownies = ) Wal-Mart had quite a few cars there actually but it was so nice inside- I wish it was always that dead!! Luckily they had everything we needed to make our White Chicken Chili. This is a recipe I got from a co-worker at work. It was my first time make it (or should I say Andrew), hey I helped opened the cans of veggies and dumped them in the pot!!

Ok ok so I know the picture does not look very appetizing BUT I promise it's soooo good! I already broke up tortilla chips in it so that's why it looks chunky. Here's the recipe in case anyone would like it!
White Chicken Chili
2 cans- White Shopeg Corn (regular sweet will work too if can't find this corn)
2 cans- Great northern white beans
2 cans- green chilies
1 pkg- White chicken chili seasoning (use chicken taco seasoning if can't find chili seasoning- I couldn't find either so use regular taco seasoning and it was still great)
1 large can of chicken broth
3 chicken breast
Onion
Garlic
***Chop up chicken in little chunks, dice onion and put garlic in a pan. Saute until finished cooking and set aside. Put all the other ingredients in big pot (even the juice from cans)- add chicken broth to your liking. Add in the chicken/onion/garlic, let it get hot and eat up! We put some shredded cheese in ours too and added cheese to our bowls = ) We love cheese! And then topped it with some chips. Very scrumptious!!

And of course after I ate, I went and ate made some brownies- I actually did these all by myself thank you very much!
             Look at those yummy brownies! Yes I've had about 5 big bites!

Looks like I probably won't be working tomorrow either = ( Maybe I'll get to packing some- oh who am I kidding. I was quite excited I was off today for 1 reason. The Pioneer Woman (if you don't know who I"m talking about check out her blog (http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/). I love reading her blog and do everyday! I still need to invest in one of her cookbooks though. Anyways, back to my point- Her book came out today and I forgot about it because I had pre-ordered it on my Kindle in the beginning of January. Well this am I got an e-mail saying your purchase is complete- SO yes I was pretty pumped I got to read it. I love it so far and suggest everyone get it. It's called "The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". She's suppose to be in Tulsa this Thursday for a book signing but not for sure if she still will be due to the nasty weather & considering Tulsa got TONS of snow!!

Something I forgot to blog about in my last post- My mom took my dad and I to see her new work office. It finally got finished and they all moved into it. It's so nice and best part is it's like 5 min. from my parents house- even better for my mom.
                         Don't let the pictures fool you- It's HUGE and so nice!

Gosh! I have another picture but blogger keeps saying error- RUDE! Oh well maybe another post!

As most of you know now the prayer request for my friend from last post was Melanie. I didn't want to say anything yet until she wanted to tell people. For those of you who don't know her, she's a good friend from HS that has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer. She's only 24!! The cancer is worse than the doctors initially thought so please say a little prayer for strength and smooth recovery = ) I went and ate dinner with her and some other girls Monday night- It was a great dinner and good to see everyone! She's a strong woman and can get through this with flying colors. Love you Nunmary! 

Well, this post ended up being longer than I expected. Hope everyone stays warm in this weather!

1 comment: