Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!!!!

Happy New Year! Hope everyone had a great New Year.  Mine was great! I took off just a little bit early from work on Friday and headed to Dallas with my friend Sarah. Both of our boys had to work over the Holiday so we thought we'd go have fun in Dallas. She's from there so she knew what to do/where to go. We got into town around 6ish, got ready and went and ate Mexican food. That night we went to a friend's house then took a train to Victory Park. I've never heard of this place, but it was AWESOME! They try to make it like Times Square. It's this huge street (kind of like Times Square) and they had a big Jumbo-tron that had the countdown for everyone & at midnight they set off fireworks. We watched the news last night and they said this year there were between 35,000-45,000 people there! So yes, lots of people- I would've never guessed that many though. Here's some pictures below





The next day we woke up and was ready for some shopping in North Dallas. First we ate Mexican (yes, again) at a place called La Duni- I had been to this restaurant before with Big Kara when we went to Dallas awhile back, so I knew it was amazing. They have wonderful desserts but I was way too full to get any- they do wedding cakes too (maybe I should just order one from there- huh Big Kara). My big thing I was on a hunt for was some cute tall boots I could wear over jeans BUT i wanted flat comfy ones, NO heel. Well all the ones I loved were $200- um no thanks- not with having to save for a house. Then all the other ones I loved had heels. So I didn't get any, I'll still look for some cheap ones but if I don't get any it's not the end of the world. Sarah's mom was also on the hunt for some. We went to Dillard's in the North Park Mall, HOLY COW, I've never seen anything like it. You couldn't even walk because they were having an extra 50% off already marked off shoes. So as you can imagine it was ridiculous. Shoes all over the ground not even in boxes, just strung everywhere. It was a madhouse and I hated trying to have to look on the ground for shoes ha! We weren't there very long!
Then today Sarah and I got up and met Chad's (Sarah's husband) mom for lunch (um we had mexican again and it was delicious) before we headed home. So it was a great weekend even though I didn't get anything.

This list is just kind of for me to look back on all the things that happened in 2010- so you might not care =) And I'm not going to put everything in order of when things happened either
~2010~
1. Finished grad school
2. Started my awesome big girl job
3. Moved to Rogers
4. Got Engaged
5. Parents & baxi moved
6. Got a precious little puppy that's now 75lbs
7. Andrew started Police Academy
8. Got approved to build/buy a house (which is in the process)
9. Turned 25- ahhhh, old!
10. Went to Vegas to celebrate graduating with some awesome people
11. Went to LA to visit another awesome person
12. Bought a new car
13. Watched a naseoendoscopy of vocal cords (yes you think it's crazy but it was a highlight of 2010 for me, thanks Kellye) haha

Well I think I hit some key things that happened with me in 2010- I'm sure I've left out something but oh well. Everyone have a great week
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment