Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Great Weekend

How was everyone's weekend? Mine was busy, great and exhausting.

Thursday night our friend Sarah dropped off her dog for us to dog-sit over the weekend. Her name is Bella and is way smaller than Nala. She's a weiner dog, so we were all wondering how Nala and her would get along. They actually played quite a bit and loved each other! Here's a picture of Bella curled up on Andrew passed out.

Friday after work I went and got a manicure and patiently waited for my mom to get into town. She left Conway around 4, but there was a wreck or something going on and she was stuck in Ozark for a very long time!! So it took her about 3 1/2 hrs. just to get here from Conway- it should've been like 2 1/2! But she finally got to my house and we took off to Bordino's to split our favorite pasta and have some tini's.

Saturday morning we got up and went to the Bridal Fair in Springdale. Even though I already have everything booked, I wanted to put in for all the drawings- most importantly the free honeymoon = ) My mom and I met Whitney and Big Kara there. Poor Janae had the stomach virus and Kara W. had a busy day full of clients. We got to the Bridal Fair right at 10 to try to beat a huge crowd. It was still busy of course but not as busy as it was by the time we left. I put in for all the drawings and as we were walking out they called my name for "a dinner for 2 for Golden Corral" hahaha. I was laughing- and thinking man why not the honeymoon. I'm guessing I didn't get the honeymoon because I haven't heard anything- RATS!! It's ok though- I think Andrew and I just will go somewhere close right after for a few days and this summer go on a bigger honeymoon.
I did fine something at the Bridal Fair I'll probably rent though that I thought was really expensive but it's actually not bad at all. The LED lighting on dance floors with our names on it. I'm also going to meet with them about pricing for lighting on the walls (kind of hard to explain).

After we left Springdale, mom and I went to look for Andrew a birthday gift from her- we knew what we were looking for, it was just a matter of finding one. We ended up finding what we wanted and got him a portable speaker for his iPhone. He had one before and it broke which was a sad day for him ha! After getting Andrew something we decided to do a little shopping (of course). Well if you remember a couple post ago I was talking about how I wanted some tall boots. I FINALLY found some- I went to MACA and got a dress and tall dressy boots for $35!! Now that's what I call a deal- they were having a huge sale. Here's some pictures of my great snags.
                                 A little big, but that's ok Lethal Lure can fix that!

                               Yay finally found some boots- I love them!

After shopping we went and ate at Red Lobster then I took my mom back by the new house that's getting built and then she took off to go back to Conway = (

Later saturday nightish, Andrew and I went to his brother and sis in law's house for Jonah's (his newphew) birthday party.  Jonah had a cute shirt on that Adrienne had made. They had hot dogs for dinner, so of course I was in heaven = ) Here's a picture of little Jonah eating some cake/ice cream.

Later Saturday night I watched Miss America. Gosh I was wishing Miss Arkansas would've won- but 2nd place is pretty awesome! I thought she did awesome. Well for commercials they advertised dswshoes because a lot of the ladies were wearing shoes from there. So I looked online just to see about blue shoes for my bridesmaids. We have found some at David's Bridal but hadn't ordered them yet to see what styles came out for Spring 2011.  Well I found these shoes and loved them- what's even better is they're called "Kara Pump". How perfect is that- considering 2 of my bridesmaids are named Kara too!

             They're like $4 more than the ones at David's Bridal but with free shipping/no tax
        OH and of course I do favor them because of the name of the shoe = )


Today (Sunday) we went to Andrew's parents house for his birthday to eat a a late lunch/early dinner. It was delicious as always when we go over there. Andrew's mom cooked ham, corn, baked beans, mashed potatoes with gravy, salad and rolls. I know all your mouths are watering now ; ) It was SOOO good!! For dessert we had peach pie- mmmmmm!!! Andrew got lots of goodies from his family.  Here's a picture of Jonah playing with Aunt Kara's hair, he was brushing it with a toy car.

                                  Doesn't her hair look beautiful = )

I got home to a surprise from Chad & Sarah- some Andy's fudge brownie frozen custard. YUMMY! That was our treat for keeping Bella for them- and yes I ate it right when we got home, even though I ate all the stuff I mentioned above like an hour ago. That's how much I love Andy's!!!

Sorry it's a long post- told you it was busy. Hope everyone else had a great weekend. Andrew and I are going to start registering this week/weekend for wedding stuff =  ) I'm pretty excited! Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment