Woody's

Woody's

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Christmas 2012 & Updates

How was everyone's Christmas? Ours was great and pretty low key.

On Saturday before Christmas some of my besties came over to do our yearly Christmas Party. We've been doing this literally for like 20yrs. Now that we're older we always get gift cards and play Chinese Christmas and bring yummy appetizers. Sorry Christy I meant to take a picture before you left, and Liz could not make it = (

On Christmas Eve we just hung out at our house with my parents and did gifts and Andrew made some yummy soup because it was freezing outside!! We had a great Christmas with my parents and I was sad to see them leave Christmas morning. But good thing they did because they got hit with TONS of snow. I'm not going to lie I'm a little jealous of all the snow they got, but not the fact that they lost electricity.

 = ( Also, on Christmas Cooper got his first bath! I had Andrew give him one and I took the pictures. Cooper LOVED the bath- I think just the warm water and sound of water. He started crying when Andrew took him out ha!



On Christmas morning we got ready and headed to MiMi and Papaw's (Andrew's parents) house. She always makes yummy sausage balls, cinnamon rolls, homemade hot chocolate, cheese ball and other goodies. This year she added some jello ornaments and they were soooo good.

Get ready for picture galore:
  Cooper and Cousin Jude almost a month a part (Jude was born on Nov. 20th)

                      MiMi with the babies

       Papaw holding Cooper

Cooper in his Christmas Pj's- Cooper went through about 4 outfits on Christmas day because he kept peeing out of the diaper!! Oh boys they keep you busy = )
         Andrew and his brother Jeremy with Jude & Cooper

     Told you I'd make him wear his outfit again- I don't think he was very impressed = )

                           Love my little family
Yay- we got to see Dusty- he works for the FBI and lives in Chicago now. He got Cooper a cute FBI Chicago beanie 
      Grandma Jo with Jude & Cooper
     Grandma Walker with Jude & Cooper

           Cousin Hannah

My sweet boy, you'll be 2 weeks tomorrow and I can't believe it!!!! You're quite awake in the early evenings after I feed you and will coo some and look around a lot. We've been doing some tummy time just on daddy but tonight we also did it on the floor on your giraffe mat (pictures next time) and you turned your head twice! Woohoo good head control big man- mommy was proud = ) You're also turning on your side some when I lay you on your back. You're sleeping great at night (wake up 1-2 times a night because dirty diaper and hungry). We've had to change your outfits quite a bit in the middle of the night because you pee out of the diapers- trying to find that diaper where it won't happen and I think the off brands work best!!!

Daddy introduced a bottle to you on Wednesday night (12/26) and you did great with it. I kept going back and forth, wait and doing it later or just do it now. A lot of my friends suggested do it early because they did and it worked. I was scared that you wouldn't take it or wouldn't nurse anymore but you loved it and sucked it down and have still been nursing today. This will help in case I'm gone too long running errands or if mommy & daddy want a date night = ) We're going to keep giving you 1 bottle a day so hopefully you will continue to do good with it.

Everyone have a great week
~Kara~


No comments:

Post a Comment