Woody's

Woody's

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Cooper has arrived!!

As most people know from Facebook, Cooper has arrived!!!  He's absolutely perfect and is the sweetest little thing. He's eating/sleeping great and mom and dad couldn't be happier!

We went in Thursday night at 5 to check in to be induced. They gave me a cirvadil insert to get me to start dilating since I hadn't any on my own. It was a pretty restless night just because the nurses come in and check on you like every 2hrs. to check vitals and the beds are not that comfy- my advice take like a twin bed memory foam haha. Anyways at about 6:30am Friday morning they asked if I wanted my epidural and I went ahead and got it because friends had warned me that it takes awhile for them to come and actually give it to you after you request it. They were actually quick with mine which was good! My dr. came in around 8ish to check me and I had dilated to a "good 1"- great just a 1 is what I'm thinking and how long this is going to take. Well my nurse checked me around every 2hrs. and I went from a 4, then to a 7 1/2 then a 10!!! Labor went great and Cooper Jack Woody arrived at 4:37 weighing 6-pounds, 7-ounces, 20in. long = )

                                Last prego picture- 39 weeks
           Daddy putting on Cooper's very first diaper
             



                                  Proud Nana
                                 Proud MiMi

                                Our little family =)



                                    My sweet boys
His coming home outfit- he was not happy with us after getting him undressed/re-dressed, so this is as good as it gets = ) Oh he will be wearing it on Christmas though and I plan to get better pictures!


We decided to come home Saturday evening from the hospital. Cooper did not pee over night after he was born and the peds. dr. making rounds wanted to wait until he peed before he got circumcised just to make sure everything was ok. The dr. was at the hospital until around 11 on Saturday and of course Cooper peed after he already left- but we decided to still go home b/c the dr. said it would be no problem just to bring him into his clinic or take him somewhere to get circumcised.  This momma wanted her own bed/shower so I told Andrew let's just go home (I think he was fine with it too b/c his sleeping arrangement wasn't the best either).
Well, I started making phone calls on Monday to get Cooper in somewhere to get circumcised because Bentonville Pediatric Clinic (where Cooper's dr. is) does not do it there, but he gave me some references where I could get it done. GEEZ- just about every place I called wants you to be an established client or wait until the baby is 6months old (no thanks not waiting that long)- UGH! The peds. dr at Willow Creek made it sound like it'd be no big deal to get him in somewhere and get it done. It was frustrating but finally got scheduled for a consult on NYE at a Urology clinic and hopefully soon after that it'll all be over with! Anyways...Andrew and I wished we would've just stayed saturday night in hospital and got him circumcised on Sunday morning- but we didn't know it would be this much trouble/phone calls finding a place, so there's your warning for you having little boys = )

The first week is kind of crazy with a newborn going to appointments. We had Cooper's first dr. appointment on Monday and dr. said everything looked great! His jaundice level was a 15 so dr. wanted him to come back on Tuesday to make sure it didn't go any higher because don't want it close to 20 and just wanted to make sure he didn't lose any weight (he had lost 6lbs from his birth weight, which is normal too he said). Tuesday went great and his jaundice level went down to 12.5 and he gained 2oz = )
On Wednesday we had his newborn photo session. Cooper did great snoozing and posing but got the hiccups when we were almost done. Took him a little while to get back to sleep with those darn things. I can't wait to get the pictures back!!!!

 Our sweet angel- I think he likes his legs up this way because he was so crammed in my belly


We've added some things to the wall so now Cooper's nursery is complete. 
Love, love, love this quote Cooper's aunts (he has a lot, Big Kara and Whit) made for his nursery. You can't really tell but it's not a canvas the letters are on wood. 

I had to have something Hog in his room = ) Lane from Ruelle Designs (check her out on facebook) made it for me


Sorry about long post but wanted to document for me to have too! It's getting cold and I love it because feels more like Christmas!! Everyone have a wonderful Christmas!

~Kara~


1 comment:

  1. love it all, and he's so cute in his little monkey hat. i am so thankful y'all are home and every one is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete