Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 6, 2013

2013

Wow can't believe it's already 2013!! I feel like 2012 flew by but I'm sure 2013 will be gone before we know it too. I've been told especially since we have a baby that will time will even go faster!

We celebrated NYE with our Crossfit family. They had a very tough workout (FRAN) at 9pm and we had potluck afterwards and hung out. We took Cooper with us and he was great. If you've ever been to a crossfit gym then you know it's just a big warehouse with very loud music ha! I guess Cooper was so used to the music from pregnancy since I continued to workout that he slept through it the whole night! I put him in a separate room during the workout so the weights didn't wake him or scare him when they dropped them but other than that he just snoozed and let people pass him around = ) We were proud parents ha ; ) He even woke up around 11:45 and was awake to bring in the new year!




Nothing else has really been going on- we're just enjoying our time off with little Coop man. A lot has been asking how I'm feeling and I'm doing great. Feeling more back to normal every day = ) I go to the dr. next week and I'm hoping he says I can start working out again. I went last sunday to the gym and did very lite stuff (row, lunges, push press with dumbbells, crunches) and it felt so good! I'm sure he will but just ease back into it, which I'll have to do- I can only imagine how out of shape I am in just 4 weeks ha!

My work switched buildings and Andrew and I went to check it out- it's super nice! I'll have to take pictures and post them. We went to Conway this past weekend to see my parents and Cooper did great in the car. He started fussing a little bit before we got to Conway and on the way home he fussed around Elm Springs. He was fussing both times because of a poopy diaper- he is not a fan of a dirty diaper, but I'm glad he lets us know, or actually we can usually hear him!

                                             3 weeks old now

                              Sweet smiles

Doing tummy time and this little fella will bring his head up and kick legs up and just hold for a few seconds- it's quite hysterical- OT's what is he doing?!?!?

Nala really wants to play with the toys and doesn't understand why she can't
                      Sleepy boy

We did have Cooper's consult with the Urologist about getting him circumcised. (Read my previous blog if you don't know the story). Well he said the same thing as others had told me he will not do it until he's 6-months old. He basically said if it's not done within the first 2-3 days of birth then it's more of a risk to do it because there so little and organs are still growing and getting stronger and they don't like taking the risk of putting them back under anesthesia. Yes lots of babies are put back under but he said that's for emergency situations/surgeries but this is not the case. After we talked to him about everything we feel better about it and he was super nice and thought it was weird that the pediatrician told us that we could come in and get it done after we left the hospital. So we'll just call when Cooper is 6-months old and schedule an outpatient procedure.

Other than that, Cooper is doing great and sleeping great still. He eats about every 3hrs. except at night and he will wake up once some night it's twice. I'm just thankful that I am getting sleep since he's sleeping  = )

Have a great week!
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment