Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, August 26, 2012

IT'S RAINING!!!

It has been raining pretty much all day in Rogers and I couldn't be more excited. We needed this rain desperately.

Nothing exciting has been going on around here- my dad's been in town painting and staying with us, so lots of eating out = ) It's his favorite thing to do, now you know where I get it from!
Get ready for some random posting!

I did try out Bordino's Brunch FINALLY on Saturday. OMG, so so good. It's a must if you like brunch. Big Kara, Whitney and I all got something different so we could share.

Don't tell me this picture doesn't look heavenly. Biscuits & gravy made w/their Boar's Sausage, Crab Cake Benedict, Blueberry pancakes/fruit, and hash= hashbrowns with zucchini, mushrooms (i picked them out), tomatoes and some other stuff I can't remember.

As most of you know Crossfit is a big part of Andrew's and I life. I couldn't resist getting this shirt for Cooper. Well his will be a blue onsie.
Let me explain what "pood" means just in case you're confused. In Crossfit world it's just the measure used for Kettlebells (KB). So, I usually use 1 pood for KB swings because it's 35lbs., guys usually use 1.5 or 2 pood KB since the KB is heavier.

I've been trying to figure out what fabrics I want to use for Cooper's bedding. OMG- I'm awful at these kind of decisions because I'm not good at picturing things in my head. I like to see it already finished then I decide if I like it.
A girl at work told me about a website where there's tons of different fabrics to choose from and you can customize you're own bedding. It has helped BIG TIME to see what the bedding will look like, but still hard because sooooo many cute fabric choices!
I wanted to get some fabric swatches this weekend just to see them in person and here's what I got = ) Oh and I got my dad to paint the nursery a dark gray for us while he was in town too!
I told myself I wasn't going to use a theme but I really like these modern giraffes- I still don't want tons of giraffes everywhere but I think some will be very cute = ) There will also be some gray in the bedding as well. Now I just can't wait to get it made!

We have a crib and changing table that our super awesome friends (Cullin's) gave us. I wanted to have a distressed white crib and didn't want to buy a brand new one then just paint it. Well Kara still had Spencer's and I love it so she said I could have it and the changing table (WOO HOO)!!! I can't wait to get them both painted and get everything set up. I like to get things done early so I'm not stressing at deadline time!

We also invested in a new recliner this weekend! We've looked before but haven't found anything we just loved. We found this one at Sam's Outlet Furniture and almost half off- couldn't beat the price!

I got my first Birchbox too! This thing is awesome, you pay $10/month and get a box full of samples (good ones too). This month's focus was based on back to school facial care, except for the little nut bar. Let me know if you want a Birchbox and I'll send you a referral = )


6 DAYS UNTIL HOG TAILGATING AND FOOTBALL!!!! WPS!!!

Have a great week!
~Kara~

1 comment:

  1. THanks for your sweet comment Kara. So excited about Cooper Jack! Love his name!

    ReplyDelete