Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goodbye 2011!!!

Wow where has the year gone? Seriously does not feel like it should already be 2012, but I'm looking forward to another great year!

Andrew had to work on NYE so we decided to have a date night. We had a coupon from LivingSocial for Tusk & Trotter and decided to use it. I believe I've talked about their amazing chicken & waffles dish but I remembered to take a picture this time = ) I also got to go to Bordino's Wednesday night with Big Kara and Whit- I was one happy girl to get to go to some of my favorite places = )


Friday after work Whit and I went to Dallas to celebrate NYE with friends. As we were driving to Dallas we saw these blue Christmas lights that looked like a tunnel and were flashing. As we drove a little bit farther we saw tons of pretty Christmas lights, so we exited off and found them. I'm glad we did because I didn't get to see many this year and these were so pretty and interactive. Plus a drive thru instead of having to walk around! They did the 12 days of Christmas, so get ready for lots of pictures of lights and the trip in Dallas.




















     Ahhhh- I love this purse- it's just so pretty

                      My life motto = )

We went to a sushi restaurant on NYE night- and it was quite tasty. I do not eat sushi but tried some and it was actually pretty good
                     My yummy salad

                 I liked this one

          Chicken fried rice was so good, different but very good!
             
                         Pretty sushi

                    A little blurry, reading to start 2012!






Whit and I got home fairly early today so I decided I'd cook some dinner. I've been eating awful with all the holidays and need to get back on a schedule at CrossFit and start eating better! So tonight I made Paleo Chicken Enchilada Soup. It was easy and not many ingredients but pretty good. Sorry I'm not Pioneer Woman and take pictures of the steps to cooking a meal = ) But I will share the recipe- I got it from a girl I workout with- so she gets all the credit.

1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chilies
1 medium onion, chopped
1 ½ tsp. minced garlic (or already minced kind)
4 Cups Low sodium fat-free chicken broth
¼ Cup chicken broth to saute onion and garlic
1 can (10 ½ oz) Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies (undrained)
1 (16 oz) can Crushed Tomatoes (undrained)
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. Mexican seasoning (McCormicks taco seasoning lower sodium)
1 Cup torn cooked white skinless chicken breast (entire package of 3 chicken breasts)
Package of yellow corn tortillas (or can make your own)
--------Optional-------
cheese
fat free sour cream
(I didn't use any of these and it still tasted great)
-----------------------------------------------------
Boil chicken for about 10 mins. or until cooked before starting soup. Once cooked, remove from water and let it cool off on a plate. Pre-heat oven to 350*

In a large pot, saute onion and garlic in ¼ cup chicken broth until cooked. Add the can of Rotel, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, green chilies, chili powder, mexican seasoning, and cumin. While that stuff is simmering, shred chicken into smaller pieces with hands (it gives a better texture than dicing). Once it's all torn, add the chicken to the soup. Put a lid on the pot, reduce heat and simmer 30-40 minutes. While simmering, cut the tortillas into thin strips, spread on cookie sheet and bake for 12-20 mins depending on how crispy you like them

After all of that you get this  = )


Have a great week!
~Kara~



No comments:

Post a Comment