Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 22, 2012

New adventures

How was everyone's week? Mine was great- celebrated Andrew's birthday Monday very low key since went out Friday night. I decided to get him some pineapple/canadian bacon pizza since I can't eat it during the Nutrition challenge and I was good and got a salad. UGH so hard not to eat pizza- however I have cheated a little and ate some this weekend- whoopsies = ) We also celebrated Andrew's birthday Thursday night with his parents at Marketplace. I hadn't been there in forever but it was good and a nice change.

On Friday's I don't work a full day and Andrew is off right now so I mentioned we could go to Crystal Bridges before it got crowded that night. I think I could walk around the building and admire it over and over. I like art but I'm more of a modern art person, but I still liked going and those paintings are GOOD! It amazes me how good they paint or use other materials to make a picture.

This was by far my favorite piece! Made with thread spindles -AMAZING! If you look in the middle pole you can see it right side up

Friday night Andrew went to go play poker with some friends and I was pumped to do nothing and catch up on TV- well my friend Sarah mentioned something about craft night so I asked if she wanted to come over because I had a couple of ideas for an old window frame I've had for awhile. We made a trip to Hobby Lobby and Sarah found some cute fabric and this is what we came up with

I'm not a crafty person AT ALL, so thank you Pinterest and crafty Sarah- and yes I did help cut out fabric and hot glue them = )  I'm going to print off black & white pictures and put them in the spaces


Saturday I woke up early and went to hot yoga with Sarah- I've been before and was not a fan at all but thought I'd try it again. I liked it a lot better this time, don't ask what was different but I enjoyed it more and my abs are sore today from it ha! I'm not going to become a regular but definitely go for some stretching after some rough Crossfit WOD's (workout of the day). Afterwards, we went and ate some yummy breakfast at Table Mesa...mmmmm, so good.

I finally went and saw "The Girl with a Dragon Tattoo" with Big Kara and it was so good! Definitely would go see it again and can't wait for the next movie but need to finish the series first!

Just in case you missed my facebook this week I'm going to give another awesome Paleo recipe (Pork Carnitas) and give you a different Paleo brownie recipe that's delicious!

Pork Carnitas

  • 2-3 lbs pork (butt/shoulder works best)
  • 1/4 c. diced yellow onions
  • 1/4 c. diced green chiles (canned is okay)
  • 1 tsp. fresh minced garlic
  • 1 1/4 c. (1 small can) diced tomatoes
  • 1 tbsp cumin
  • 2 tsp onion powder
  • 2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tbsp agave/honey
  • 2 tsp. lime juice
  • 2 tbsp. orange juice
  • 1/2 c. barbecue sauce
***Place all ingredients in crockpot on low for 6-8hrs. About an hour prior to eating (if can) shred the pork with a fork and stir. Serve in a lettuce bowl/wrap- if don't want to do a wrap use corn tortillas


Who doesn't love an easy crockpot meal?


Now onto the yummy Paleo Brownies

  • 2 cups of almond butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 cup of Agave nectar or raw organic honey
  • 1 tbsp vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup cocoa powder
  • 1/2 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 cup enjoyed life chocolate chips (at Wal-Mart by Gluten free stuff)
  • 1/2 cup of dried blueberries
  • 1 very ripe banana
Instructions:

  • Preheat oven to 325*
  • In a large bowl, use a mixer to blend you almond butter to make a smoother consistency
  • Next blend in the 2 eggs
  • Blend in agave nector and vanilla
  • Add salt, baking soda and then cocoa powder 
  • Fold chocolate chips and the blueberries (mix really well to ensure even distribution)
  • Take banana and mash it to a paste and mix it in
  • Grease a 13X9 baking dish with coconut oil and cook for 30-40 minutes or until passes toothpick test
                                Mmmmmm......so good!



Have a great week!
~Kara~













No comments:

Post a Comment