Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 8, 2012

WPS!!

What a great way to start off the new year with a Hog win! Andrew and I had decided not to go to the Cotton Bowl but then my cousin won tickets off the radio so we got hers! Thanks Shody!
We got the tickets about 2 weeks before the bowl game so I was panicking to find a hotel (fairly cheap). Well I don't know my way around Arlington so just started googling hotels close to the stadium. I found a great deal on one called the DFW Convention/Hotel. It had 3 stars, comments were pretty good and we were only staying for 1 night so who cares. So I went ahead and booked it thinking surely it can't be that bad since it's close to airport and everything. Well we get to the hotel around 2 on Friday and there is 2 Kansas State girls giving the front desk a piece of their mind. They told us everything that happened to them (which was A LOT!) and told us good luck. I looked at Andrew and just said "Well let's give it a shot". We get in the room and it's not too bad (again I got it for CHEAP so wasn't expecting to stay at a place like The Wynn) then we venture into the bathroom and they only had 1 big towel. Well my nice hubs calls it ha! I say that's fine I'll just ask for another one, but the other hand towels just looked dirty like they've been washed in mud! Then I grab them and notice black hairs all over them- NASTY!! That made our decision to NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL- so just forewarning you don't want to stay here.

The game was amazing though- I was a nervous wreck the whole time and pretty quiet. Andrew kept saying are you ok? I was in the zone though and nervous! The Kansas state fans by us were not the nicest either- just yelling stuff and I was not happy- so it felt nice beating them for that too. OH and yes, I actually kept my cool and didn't say anything back to them = ) Friends you should be proud!








Andrew and I drove back into Dallas for sure to find a hotel since farther away from Arlington, but didn't find one until we got to Allen. There was some other game (maybe soccer?) in town and hotels were booked! Next time I'll just pay the $$$ to stay somewhere I know will be good ha! It made for a good laugh though.

I'm excited to watch the BCS national championship game tomorrow night- I don't want either one to win really. I honestly cannot pick a team because just can't stand either one!! So I'm just going to watch and hope for a good game.

I've started a 9-week nutrition challenge with just about everyone else at CFNWA. It hasn't been too bad so far but has just been a week. I'm hoping to stick to it and at the end of the 9-weeks will see some improvements in the workout we did as a baseline and my body fat.

                    Sweet girl loves sleeping with her mama

Have a great week!
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment