Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, December 25, 2011

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful time with their families/friends. Christmas was wonderful for us. We had a pretty busy Christmas so this blog is log (that's your warning)


Andrew I started off celebrating Christmas with friends earlier in the week. On Tuesday night, we went to Fast Lanes to meet with the Pomeitlo's and their cell group for their Christmas party. After we bowled some we went to Chad/Sarah's house for a dirty santa party. We also had some yummy chili and cake balls. I got an interesting gift but it's quite a classic- was made in the 50's and only 800 were made.


Wednesday night we had Chad/Sarah over for dinner. Andrew made some yummy jalepeno poppers, pork tenderloin, garlic potatoes and green beans. It was delicious! We also exchanged gifts- it was pretty funny because HOGS were the theme- Sarah made me a scarf (razorback colors), made Andrew some Hog drink coasters, gave us a glass painted with Hog stuff and I got her a Hog shirt.




I've been wanting new furniture for our bedroom because none of it matches and DRIVES ME NUTS! So I found some furniture I loved (and great price) from Figgy Pudding (look her up on FB, amazing!). I got 3 dressers. The black ones are for our bedroom and the pretty blue one is just a random one I had to have but I'll find a place- it was too good of a deal to pass up  = ) Forgive the messy bedroom, the whole house is a mess right now! The pictures don't do the detail justice on the black dressers either, it's so pretty.


Here's the random blue one = ) I'm obsessed with blue, so I'm sure this does not shock my friends that I bought it


Thursday I only worked half-a-day and then Andrew, Nala and I got packed up and went Conway to spend some Christmas time with my parents. This was Nala girl's first trip to Conway as well (we have boarded her before but I called a little late this time to board her for Christmas). Nala actually did very well in the car and I was glad we took her with us instead of boarding her. 





When we got to Conway we went to eat at a yummy restaurant called "Toad Suck Bucks" (I've talked about it before on here). It reminds me of Doe's but a hole in the wall out in the boonies- not kidding literally the boonies. It's such great food though! 


I was so mad I forgot to take a picture of my food (got made fun of too because I forgot and never forget) so I took a picture of some people's sitting by us (yes I knew them, ha). Remember this is not my steak- it's a 32ouncer- Jenny's (a girl that works with my mom) husband split it with their son

                    Jenny's burger looked delicious!


We had a great time at my parents playing games, watching/laughing at the dogs fight over Christmas presents and got lots of goodies! 





Saturday morning we came back home and my mom came as well so we could go to my grandma's Christmas Eve night. Before going to my grandma's we went to see the movie "Young Adult"- I liked it but probably wouldn't go see it again. We played Apples 2 Apples at my grandma's, ate some yummy food and opened presents. My grandma made a yummy dessert with cake, strawberries and banana pudding.


Today (Christmas) Andrew and I woke up early to share our stockings with each other and then got ready to go to his parents house. We ate some yummy breakfast and it was fun watching Jonah open up his presents (I love watching kids open presents).


Kara got a cool pink 3-wheeler for Christmas so her and Jonah went for a ride, then the boys took over the toys





After playing and opening up gifts at Andrew's parents we to his Grandma Jo's house for more yummy food, presents and family time. Now we're home and Andrew is sleeping because he switches shifts tonight. We had a wonderful Christmas and thanks again to family/friends for all the wonderful gifts! I can't imagine a better Christmas.


                    Nala loves all her new toys

                   And I love all my new gifts too




I hope everyone enjoyed their time with their families. I can believe it's almost 2012, this year has flown by! Have a great week

~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment