Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, December 4, 2011

21 sleeps until Christmas!!

It has definitely turned winter! I'm always glad when it gets cold around Christmas because if it's not cold it just doesn't feel like Christmas to me.

Nothing really exciting going on in the Woody house lately. I went to Conway this weekend to visit my parentals. Friday night we went and ate at Beef O' Brady's. By the way, did you know there's one in Bentonville?!!? Because I had no clue and they have a cheeseburger wrap there that's to die for. I like hamburgers, but most restaurants buns are just too big and it's all bread with a little bit of meat. That's why the wrap is perfect and taste delicious.
 After we got home I realized I had lost my Kindle charger- this was absolutely no good because my Kindle was dying and I'm in the middle of reading 2 books. Yes you read that right 2- I'm reading "The Hunger Games"- such a great series. I've started book 2 and it's hard to put down. I'm also reading "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" series. This book took a little bit to get into (but everyone warned me) and it's hard to put down too. I usually read a chapter and then switch to the other book to read a chapter. I know crazy! Both these books have movies coming out soon though so I need to read both of them = ) I'm just waiting to run the books together, but I don't think I will- they're not alike at all. So we ran to Target and got another Kindle charger. Afterwards, we stopped by Shake's to get some yummy custard. Mmmm, they have a pumpkin cheesecake concrete right now that's very yummy!! I usually always get they're pumpkin custard this time of the year but that concrete was so good!

Saturday was my mom's birthday. We got up and to went to LR to go to Whole Foods and ate at PF Chang's. Then we came back to Conway to go to some little shops. I picked a baby gift and my mom got a cute tree topper. It looks like a top hat that's red with lights in it- I don't have picture, whoops! We went to Hobby Lobby and I finally got fabric to use for tree-skirts for my trees and I got stocking holders. Which reminds me- I don't think I have shown off Andrew's new stocking. Last year I got us both stocking off of Etsy (I posted pics last year of them). Well, Andrew wasn't fond of his- so this year I was looking on Etsy again and asked him to help me because I couldn't find one that wasn't too girly or already like the one he has. Well he found one off of a police website- I went ahead and bought him the stocking. It's quite non-christmasy 
Yes, that is it!! I know, I know- I told him there's not even room to put anything in it! He informed me how many pockets there are on it, but these pockets are TINY- you can't fit any in them. But it's ok, it's what he wanted = ) 

              Here's a picture with our stocking holders and stockings from our mantle.

After our shopping we went and saw Arthur Christmas- it was a cute kids movie and pretty funny. I recommend it.

Andrew used up his vacation days so he'd have every weekend off in December (minus New Year's weekend). We thought we might go to Branson and stay at the landing but we have something every weekend, so I doubt we will be able too. We'll be having fun at all of our Christmas parties though = )

I had to share the picture of my bruised knees. At CrossfitNWA last Tuesday, we had to do 400m walking lunges. I was even wearing pants and tapes up my knees BUT still got bruises. I also could barely walk for 3 days, and my thighs are still a little sore. haha. I know ridiculous- but I keep going back for more pain.

Have a great week & stay warm
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment