Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Busy but FUN weekend

Well the title is true- I had a very busy weekend! It started Thursday night- I went to "Ladies Night" at the John Q. Hammons Center. I had never been before but had fun. They had a bunch of booths set up to buy things, then they had a fashion show and gave away door prizes.  Too bad I didn't win anything =( oh well!
Friday night I headed to Tulsa with a friend from work to go see "Wicked". I had seen it before in NYC, but I fell asleep. I know, I know, you're probably thinking what? fell asleep? But i was exhausted from sight seeing all day long and the plane ride.  This is why I wanted to see it again, and it was great of course! If you ever get a chance to see it I definitely recommend it.  However, my favorite is still "The Lion King"!
                                                     The set of "Wicked"

Saturday morning I met up with my matron of honor, Big Kara (we call her big Kara because she's quite a bit taller than me, that way in class we knew which Kara they were talking to) and her daughter Spencer at Springdale Convention Center to do some shopping at another craft fair.  It was similar to the one I went to Thursday night but they had a lot more booths set up at this one.  We got there early which was nice to beat the crowd! I saw a bunch of cute stuff but have been looking for a Christmas ornament that says something like "Our first Christmas" even though Andrew and I aren't married yet.  Well Kara saw something even better! A "Just Engaged" ornament- so of course I had to get it!

                                                  Here's my cute ornament

Next, we went to Oops in Tontitown to get Christmas decorations. I ended up buying stuff to make a Christmas wreath. Well let me rephrase that, for Kara to make it = ) BUT I want to learn how to make them because I refuse to pay $150 for one that's already done.
Spencer (Kara's daughter) is going to be my flower girl. I don't want a white dress though, I want a blue one. That's been hard to fine, so we headed to Hancock Fabrics to pick out fabric and Kara knows of a lady that can make her the dress. I don't know if I've mentioned this or not, but throughout this whole wedding planning I kind of stink at making decisions! I knew I wanted her dress to be blue but that was it. We found a great pattern for a dress that will have a sash. Here's where I get indecisive- I can't decide if I want her to have a silver sash or a black one!!! AHHH...So what do I do? Yep, buy enough fabric so I can see both on and then HOPEFULLY decide ha.

                                        Here's the blue with silver

Now with black- Which do you think?
My bridesmaid dresses are black, but silver is a color in my wedding too. Decisions, Decisions!
After getting the fabric we headed to Rick's Bakery for lunch, met Whitney (my MOH) and did some cake tasting!! YUMMY! My poor mom was suppose to come but got in a wreck Friday night, so her car was not drivable. She is fine though, just not the car. Of course cake tasting was amazing!
Not finished yet...then off to Hobby Lobby for more Christmas decoration shopping- I have no ornaments for Christmas, and since all of the decorations at Hobby Lobby are HALF OFF (that's right half off) I had to take full advantage. I know I didn't get enough and will go back after I start decorating my tree to get more I'm sure.

Saturday night Andrew and I went to a wedding at the Garden Room. The bride was a sorority sister of mine. She looked gorgeous and her wedding was very pretty- she did a great job decorating. After the wedding we went and said hi to Kara Woody (this is not the same Kara with the daughter, this is Andrew's sister, so yes when I marry Andrew there will be 2 Kara Woody's) and her boyfriend Shelby.
Oh and of course we had to stop by Bordino's to get my Key Lime martini- they are to die for, but I'm a huge tini' girl too!

We valeted at Bordino's and I guess they had turned off my headlights, well I turned them back on but not on automatic so today when I get into my car, yep that's right it wouldn't start = (  But we got it fixed just a dead battery = ) I drove Andrew's truck to Sarah's house (a friend from high school) who does an amazing job on invitations. So we talked about invitations for my wedding.
Told you I had a busy weekend, but very fun! Now just 3 work days before Thanksgiving and BLACK FRIDAY!! Oh and of course LSU game! GO HOGS! Can't wait for some shopping. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!

         I'll end the blog on a picture of my sweet Nala girl (Ignore the crazy eyes due to flash on phone)

1 comment:

  1. I love your "Just engaged" ornament. so sweet collecting ornament's for your tree! :)

    ReplyDelete