Woody's

Woody's

Monday, August 8, 2011

Weekend full of fun

The weekend went by way too fast and was packed with stuff to do! 


Friday night I went and tried out a new restaurant with some friends (Kellye, Whit, Janae) in downtown Bentonville (right off the square) called Tusk & Trotters. It was good and I'd go again but not one of my favorites. LOVED the atmosphere but just not many menu options. Funny story- Kellye & I got their early to get a table because they didn't have any reservations left. We were hungry so thought let's get an appetizer- so we order "chips" & salsa. Well they give it to us and we just kind of look at each other. The waiter tells us they are prosciutto chips- so we were basically eating beef jerky with mango salsa. It was very different but pretty tasty. Guess next time we need to look at the thin print underneath the meals ha! I ate a chicken breast with yummy spinach and potatoes with a glaze on top of the chicken. It was very yummy! It was a nice change from all the other restaurants.


Saturday morning I woke up early to go to CrossFit to cheer for tons of athletes doing a "Hero Workout" for the Disposable Hero Project (DHP). I know I've talked about this Project on here before, so won't go into it. CrossFitNWA raised $12,000 for this project. Tons of people were at CF saturday morning doing this workout in honor of a soldier. It was amazing to see everyone come together for such a tough workout!! Great job for everyone that worked their butts off!!




After the workout was over I got ready to head to Embassy Suites for Kara's Bachelorette Party. One we all got there, we talked for a bit and then went to Bonefish to get some appetizers and then went to the spa for some treatments. After the spa we headed back to the hotel to watch Kara open her gifts and just relax. 
                                                 The Bachelorette


                  PF Chang's Appetizers/wine at the Spa for us







Andrew decided to leave Nala in the house Saturday night when he went to work. We've left her inside before but only for like 2-3 hrs. at a time- NEVER 8!! Well Nala decided to have a party in the house- sorry if you already saw this on Facebook.
Yes that bed was made- but she decided to take everything off and get this little pillow off and destroy it. OMG I'm just glad Andrew got home to clean it up first = ) However, there are still TONS of little beads in the carpet if you look close and it's driving me nuts- we keep going over with a vacuum but I don't know if they'll ever go away! 


Sunday night Andrew and I went to Bonefish for dinner. We haven't been to dinner just us 2 in forever! We both got the fontina chop (pork chop) with mashed potatoes. This is our favorite meal. I also added a salad which was amazing! Thank you Big Kara for introducing caprese salads to me. I need to start making them at home for dinner.
             Mmmmm-  tomatoes, feta cheese and balsamic vinegerette 

Tonight I went to a Stella & Dot jewelry party that Big Kara was hosting. It has really cute jewelry and I found me some earrings and a bracelet. Can't wait until I get them in!




26 DAYS UNTIL HOG FOOTBALL!!!!


34 Days until VEGAS!!!
68 Days until UKRAINE!!


Have a great week- I'm hoping it rains a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment