Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, August 14, 2011

I have loved all this rain we've gotten this past week. I don't think I could ever get sick of rain- love the sound of it and way better than 110* weather!


I had another fun eventful week/weekend. Monday night I started off with going to a Stella & Dot Jewelry party big Kara was having. This jewelry has been featured on Oprah and InStyle Magazine. I'm not much of a jewelry wearer but I wanted tons of stuff they had! I ended up getting a pair of earrings and a bracelet. I could've ordered more but controlled myself ha! I'm not much of a party thrower for jewelry and these kind of parties but thought I would with this jewelry to show others the great stuff they have! Don't worry you'll get an invite later  = )


Thursday I needed to run some errands in Fayetteville before heading to Farmington. Hog season is approaching (WPS) and I'm all about the cute Hog apparel. However, some of it is a little too pricey ($100 and up- ouch!!) I stole an idea from a friend and went and bought a cheap dress (chocolate brown) from Wal-Mart ($6) and took it to Custom Tee's (off college) and had her put the glitter hog ($20) at the bottom of the dress. It turned out super cute and I love it!!! BTW- it was super fast too. I took the dress in and she did the Hog right then, I didn't have to leave and come back to get it!


After getting my dress done I went to a Fundraiser in Farmington for my friend Melanie. They had made chicken dinners to-go to help raise money. I got there right when it started but heard from others that went later that they stood in line for awhile because there were so many people = ) I'm so glad they had a great turn out.


Saturday I went and got my nails done and as soon as I walked in people were asking if I was "Little Kara". I thought this was hysterical. They were big Kara's neighbors and their daughter recognized me. Just cracks me up that everyone knows we're Big/Little Kara = ) But I love it! Afterwards I went and met Big Kara and her friend Rebecca to see "The Help". What a great movie. I read the book too which was great.  That night Andrew & I met back up the girls and their husbands to eat at Table Mesa. It was yummy as always = ) I got my usual, curry chicken burrito. Andrew got Pork Carnitos and loved them too.


Today (Sunday) I had Kara's (SIL) bridal shower at Briar Rose in Farmington. This was my first time to this place. It was very cute and we had a delicious lunch- sandwiches, fruit, fruit tarts and mini cinnamon rolls. I also got 2 chocolate croissants to take home- whoops ; ) I might've already ate one too and it was AMAZING! Kara got us some cute little goodies (cute bag, straightner holder, wet bathing suit bag, little makeup bag, pearl earrings/bracelet to wear wedding day). Kara did good by giving the wet bathing suit holder with a skull/crossbone bathing suit on it to me = ) She had to point it out to me though because I was too busy looking at my other stuff ha- sorry Kara.  Her big day will be here very soon!! 


Andrew and I have turned one of our extra bedrooms into an extra TV room/man room. There isn't much decoration going on in there because it's last on list to decorate pretty much. I'm just more worried about the main rooms first. The little decorations it has is Hog stuff. I know a girl name Lane and she is a great painter. I saw a Hog painting she did on her FB page (Ruelle Designs, go check it out) and asked told Andrew we had to have it. Well he had something else in mind- I asked Lane if she could do it and she said "She'd love to". Here's the finished product and I think it turned out great! Andrew is very happy with it too. We still haven't hung it up = ( But hopefully he will tomorrow on his day off.


Look what else came in!!
FOOTBALL TICKETS!!! Cannot wait for tailgating and cheer on those Hogs!


20 days until first HOG GAME!
28 days until Las Vegas!
62 days until Ukraine!


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment