Woody's

Woody's

Monday, July 18, 2011

Good weekend turned BAD

My weekend started out great. I had a great dinner at Bordino's with Big Kara. I had the rigatoni that I talked about last post but with wild boar sausage, and Big Kara got it with chicken. We split a yummy salad and had good drinks.
Saturday I did some shopping at Williams Sonoma- FYI they're having a huge summer sale until August or until they can get rid of summer stuff. I got a pretty table cloth that was 60% off. Oh and since I registered there I get 10% off any purchase for 6 months! I also got some Fresh Lemon countertop cleaner- mmmm spells so good. Andrew and I met with Big Kara, her husband Dale and her daughter Spencer at PF Changs for lunch.


Saturday night Andrew and I went to his Aunt Darcy's for one of Kara's Couple's showers. It was fun with great music and yummy food. Andrew & Hannah (his cousin) always wrestle and it's pretty funny to watch. Lulu (Darcy's dog) wasn't of fan of them wrestling ha

                                  Wrestling

Sunday started off great. I got some shopping done for stuff for the house then came home to start some appetizers since we were going to grill out with Chad and Sarah. Well instead of being smart and getting the scissors to open the bacon I get a steak knife and yup SLICE the finger open big time. Luckily Andrew was still here because he was about to run to get some tinfoil. So he says well rinse it off and went to get me a band-aid. Well I put it in water and just let it sit and it started bleeding pretty good (Whit I know this is grossing you out, sorry). I don't know if it was just seeing my own blood or the pain but I was getting very light headed and sick to my stomach. We looked at my finger and could see the bone and vein so we head to ER. We got right in but took awhile before a nurse  came to see me. We were there for awhile and I was STARVING. The nurse finally comes in and gives me 2 options- stitches or glue it shut and I can wear a finger guard because I can't bend it for a week since it's on the joint of my finger and for it to heal. I just wanted to leave and go fix dinner so I chose glue.


                                  Poor finger
Well, I never took off that guard but as you can see it doesn't cover my gash. I guess sometime in the middle of the night the gash came open because I woke up to a gross finger =  ( I made an appointment for tomorrow to see if I need to get stitches because I don't think the glue will hold! I'm not afraid of needles but I've never gotten stitches while I'm awake and there's not much skin on my finger. OH well I just want it to be better because it's quite an inconvenience even though it is my left hand.

We got home from the ER and told Chad and Sarah to come on over because we were hungry. I went ahead and fixed the appetizers I was going to make and this time I got the scissors to open the bacon  = )

                       My yummy sausages wrapped in bacon with brown sugar

We had pork chops, green beans, grilled squash and corn on the cob for dinner. Sarah brought an awesome gluten-free strawberry cheesecake. It was absolutely amazing!

Here's my sweet girl with her first Loofa Dog- she's obsessed!!!

Everyone have a great week. I'm sick of this weather- so ready for Fall and FOOTBALL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment