Woody's

Woody's

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Back to reality

Well most of everyone that reads my blog already knows about our Jamaica Honeymoon- but I'll do post about it anyways  = ) And later I'm going to rant about "The Bachelorette" ha

Jamaica was absolutely amazing!!! I've never been out of the country and was definitely not disappointed (minus the whole going through customs at the airport=NOT FUN). We did a Sandals resort, Whitehouse in Montego Bay. The all-inclusive thing is definitely the way to go if you ever want to get away. We had 7 restaurants at our resort and they were all AMAZING! There were 3 pools and a very good little dessert place too. Every night they had some show going on at the main pool where all the restaurants are, or in this big theatre building. We were going to go do Dunn's Falls but it was a 3 hour drive- we just didn't feel like spending most of our day riding in a crazy van with tons of people when we could lay out and relax. We did go snorkeling and kayaking which were both a lot of fun. I seriously think for the cost of the trip for all-inclusive was very reasonable. Andrew and I started thinking if we went out to eat and ate like we did (with that nice/good of food) we would've spent well over $100 each meal! It was just nice to go in places order and not worrying about paying or tipping (yep no tipping either, however we met some bartenders we really liked so we snuck them some $$).  I'm already thinking of the next place to go next year = )
                              The main pool by all the restaurants

                       Ugh this filet was sooo good

                       tini's were pretty amazing as well ; )

                                        Our last night there = (

 This was our last day on the beach- cloudy, which was a little nice because that sun was HOTT- you can't really tell but the water was gorgeous!

So if you have any great recommendations of place to go shoot them my way =  ) But I want it to be all-inclusive.
I thought I'd be dragging monday when I went back to work but it actually wasn't that bad. It was nice to see my kiddos again- I missed them!

Well wedding season is definitely in full swing!! Kara and Shelby's will be here soon- showers have started so it'll come fast now! Janae, one of my best friends, got engaged YAY! So excited for them and there's will be here before you know it too- ok another year! But it'll come fast. And then Bib & Jeremy got engaged! Another one I'm so excited for! My dad told me he thinks Andrew and I started something, ha! It's just the time for everyone to get hitched = ) WHITNEY KAY YOU'RE NEXT!!! = )

Ok people, who of you watch the Bachelorette? Probably none because Ashley was crazy last season on the Bachelor but it's a like a horrible nightmare that I can't quit watching! If you haven't watched it- well I'm going to fill you in on just a little bit. There's a guy Bentley on there that every time he got one-on-one camera time he talked about how "he's here just for fun, doesn't think Ashley is even pretty at all, going to leave soon, just saying all the right things to keep him on the show". Oh and Ashley's friend has already called and warned her about Bentley how she knows he doesn't want to be there- well she confronts him and of course he denies it- DUH! I didn't think he was that much of a smooth talker either but she did and fell head over heels like within the first 5 episodes! So he leaves on his own and makes up a lie how he needs to get back to his daughter, it's just too hard being away (no he just wasn't having fun anymore and didn't like ashley at all).
Well she has been griping the last 3 episodes about how much she misses him and cries and can't believe he's gone. Well this week they flew him to Hong Kong (where they are right now) so she can get closure because she needs it because she pretty much says how she loves him. UGh I was sick of hearing about Bentley- she mentioned his name like 10X a show- well I think she finally realized he's just a player (which her friend warned her). She just irritates me so I had to go off ha! But like I said I can't seem to quit watching it!

Anyways- nothing else exciting has really been going on. I did have a girls night with great friends Monday night. I love having our monthly potlucks to get together and catch up and eat some good food! I'm excited for a long week for the 4th of July coming. Counting down for next vacation- VEGAS in September!!!

Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!!!

4 comments:

  1. The Royal in Playa del carmen, all inclusive, dream beds, hammocks...endless guacamole, and several nice restaurants! :)
    we loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a good trip. We went to Sandals in the Bahamas in 2007 & it was wonderful. I would consider a cruise. They are even cheaper than an all-inclusive. We've been on 3--they leave from New Orleans or Galveston & we drove which cuts out your airfare. The only thing you have to pay for is alcohol. That way you are in a different country every day & you can figure out which ones you like/don't like so you can go back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara! Loved your honeymoon pics, looked so fun! I also completely agree about Ashley. She drives me nuts!! This season is so bad and cheesy. I am hoping they are going to break the cycle next season and get someone we have never seen before! :) :)

    Have a good summer! We will be back in Fayetteville in August!

    ReplyDelete