Woody's

Woody's

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

26 weeks and counting

Yes I'm 26-weeks now and it's crazy how fast it's flown by. We had a dr.'s appointment this am and everything looked good and I'm measuring right along with how far I am. I've gained a total of 16 pounds so far and I don't think the Dr. liked that I had gained 7 pounds since our last appointment (Aug.  14th). He said he wasn't getting onto me too bad, but yeah I haven't really worked out in the last 2 weeks and have had too much Slim's so I can see how I've gained that much = ) The next appointment is in 2 weeks to do my Glucose testing- ugh I'm not excited just b/c I've heard the stuff taste awful! But I gotta get it done and hopefully I pass! I've been feeling pretty good except for feeling pretty nauseous after eating chinese food on Saturday after the game and a sausage cheese biscuit from McDonald's this morning- you think Cooper is trying to tell me to quit eating bad? ha! I think so!!! Other than that feeling good and getting kicked A LOT- I can already tell he's all boy and always on the move.

 I ordered Cooper a cute little sleeper outfit and it came in today
I also met with the lady that will be making Cooper's bedding and I can't wait to get it all. I'm in the process of getting all the fabric now and Andrew has started sanding pieces of the crib getting it ready to paint distressed white. Now it's just waiting time to see how it all comes together.

Andrew and I had a date night last Friday and ate at Tusk & Trotter on the Bentonville Square.

                     Yummy risotto meatballs for an appetizer

           Andrew got 1/2 rack of ribs

             I got chicken and waffles- YUMMY!

Well the Hog game was another upset last weekend. I didn't expect us to win just wanted us to put up a fight. We did in the beginning and I don't know what happened. I feel really sorry for our guys, they've been through a lot but I'll keep cheering them on!




I took some red velvet cake batter dip for the tailgate and it went over pretty well.
Ingredients:
  • 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 C. butter, softened
  • 2 C. red velvet cake mix
  • 2-3 C. powdered sugar (I didn't use even close to this much b/c it was sweet enough w/cream cheese and cake mix, I might've used 1/4C)
  • 3-4 tbsp. milk
Instructions:
  1. In a stand mixer, whisk together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
  2. Whisk in the red velvet cake mix, 1 cup at a time. Add 1-2 tbsp. of milk alternately, if necessary, to keep consistency smooth.
  3. Whisk in the powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, alternately with tablespoons of milk. Continue adding powdered sugar and milk until it reaches a consistency and a sweetness that you like.

I got my September Birch Box in yesterday!! Seriously best investment ever getting little gifts every month.

My box included: POREfessional: face primer to hide pores, Custom Nail Polish: Blue, Kate Spade Twirl: sample of perfume, Nexxus: Split end treatment system, Twistband: purple hairtie and a Tili bag to put makeup in.

Tomorrow is potluck day at work- bring you favorite tailgate food. It should be full of great food.
Have a great week!
~Kara~

1 comment:

  1. I actually liked the glucose test. It tasted like a Sunkist.

    Glad we got to see you Saturday! And I'm anxious to see your bedding fabric.

    ReplyDelete