Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, April 29, 2012

A year already?!?!?

Andrew and I celebrated our 1-year anniversary on April 23rd. It doesn't seem like it's been a year already but yet seems longer at the same (it's that's possible to understand). It's been a wonderful year and I can't imagine having a better husband. Looking forward to many more years with him.

We wanted to go on some kind of trip to celebrate the big 1 year. We thought about a cruise but since it was last minute we couldn't really find a cruise going to the countries we were interested visiting or that worked with our schedules. So we decided Savannah, I know random right. We have both heard how pretty it is so decided to go there. I looked up condos on vrbo.com and found a cute old house that people have remodeled and put apartments inside it.
We had a great time and Savannah is really pretty. The houses are old and gorgeous and loved the pretty parks.

                        Gators outside of The Crab Shack

                              Tybee Island Lighthouse

                          The famous fountain at Forsythe Park

                                  The camera hog
                        
  For my CrossFit people- awesome KB at CrossfitSavannah

                              Down at the Bay



                                I want this boat

Anniversary night about to dig into the cake! It was actually still pretty moist in the middle but too sweet for me, I had just had 1 bite

We made reservations to eat at The Old Pink House and it was delish!! (Thanks for telling me about it Lora)

  These buildings amazed me because so old but gorgeous and huge on the inside!


                       Andrew got pork tenderloin
                  
                           I got the chicken

       We were too full for dessert but our sweet waitress did this for us

The last night in Savannah we had to go to the best restaurant ever!!! Ms. Paul Dean's Lady & Sons- and we were miserable after leaving but so worth it!!!

       Yes that's my 1st plate and I went back for 2nds (just for sides) and had dessert!


This past Saturday I ran the 5k for Race for the Cure and raced for my friend Melanie. She's a strong friend that got diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 24- she was brave and inspiration to all and beat it like it was nothing!
       I thought this board was cool to write the name on the napkin for who you were supporting


Nala girl was very happy when Andrew and I got home!


It's starting to feel more and more like summer and the only thing I like about summer (b/c it's always too hot) is grilling out! I've been wanting to try these yummy beef filet pinwheels from the butcher in Walmart and they were pretty good. Bad thing is I thought maybe that was goat cheese but Andrew said it was bleu cheese. I'm not really a fan of bleu cheese but the taste wasn't so strong after they were grilled.


My vacation is over already and back to work tomorrow. I must admit I miss my kiddos.

Have a great week
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment