Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, April 1, 2012

To LR we went....

Last Wednesday after work I went to Little Rock with Lora (who works with me) for a continue education course. It was a really good course and I learned some more about feeding with infants. 2 other ladies from work, Amy & Connie, were in LR too for the course so we decided to take advantage of being away and went shopping and out to eat Thursday night. We went shopping at the Promenade at Chenal- if you haven't been and ever in LR I suggest going there. It's so pretty and they have a lot of nice stores (DSW, Anthropolgy, JCrew, Apple, just to name a few) and good restaurants. 
After shopping we got some dinner at YaYa's. It was super yummy and the weather was perfect so we sat on the patio.


                       Amy & Connie got the Salmon Salad

       This is Lora's- don't remember the name but has rice and shrimp

                        I got some yummy pasta




Friday after the conference I went to Conway to spend the night with my parents. My mom had just gotten back from Vegas and bought me some goodies! She went to the outlets and got me a shirt from JCrew and a Burberry raincoat- I've been wanting one for awhile now! Thanks mom




I also got to see this sweet little boy! Baxi has an obsession with elephant toys- I'm serious, I know it sounds crazy but he loves toys that are elephants! My mom found this one when we went shopping and he kept wanting everyone to throw it for him.



Mom ordered Bax a doggy bed and with some points she had saved up and they sent her 2, so she gave Nala one- it's a little small but she still likes it


I made stuffed Poblano Peppers tonight and they were YUMMY! Here's the recipe I used. I got it from paleomg.com. She has tons of great recipes, granted this is the only 1 I've made so far but they all look delicious and I've heard good things!


Ingredients
  • 6 poblano peppers, seeded
  • 1 lb ground beef-  (I used ground turkey)
  • 1/2 yellow onion, diced
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
  • 1 (6 oz) can diced green chiles
  • 2 tablespoons Cholula (or other hot sauce)
  • 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
  • 1/8 teaspoon paprika
  • salt and pepper, to taste
  • Fat of choice, for cooking
Instructions
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Add your garlic until the smell becomes fragrant, then add your diced onions. Let the onions cook down until they become translucent.
  3. Add your ground beef to cook down.
  4. Once your ground beef is turning brown, add the rest of your ingredients, minus the poblano peppers.
  5. While the flavors meld, cut the tops off of the poblanos and rinse the inside and out to get rid of the extra seeds. Cut a slit down the side of them and stuff them with the cook meat.
  6. Place them on a covered baking sheet (I covered mine with foil) and bake for 20-25 minutes of until the poblanos begin to blister and soften.
  7. Then eat them.

Now I've got some yummy Paleo Blueberry brownies in the oven cooking- can't wait for them to be done!


       My pretty new TOMs- yes those are skull/crossbones on them!




Have a great week
~Kara~





1 comment:

  1. i am LOVING the burberry raincoat. i've always wanted one as well....but it'll have to remain a dream for me! :)

    ReplyDelete