Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Lately....

Well I didn't post anything last week, and I know you all missed the blog very much ; ) I was too busy getting ready for the Super Bowl (even though it was just Andrew & I). I was so glad the Giants won and I caved in and splurged on eating- pizza and chips/rotel YUMMY!

My mom came into town last weekend and we went to Bordino's Friday night with Whit- it's always a must if mom comes into town to get dinner and tini's. Of course if you're on Dickson St. you have to get a hot dog from Yancey- they're the best!

On Saturday I introduced my mom to brunch at Table Mesa- we both got the huevos enchiladas. She loved them of course. Afterwards we went and walked a trail to go to Crystal Bridges. The trail was very pretty and they had decorated the trail with pretty statues


Saturday night we tried out the new mongolian grill in Rogers by the Promenade (I can't remember the name). It was really good but our clothes smelled like it so bad afterwards- just a warning. So maybe go there to eat if you're just going home afterwards!

If you're my friend on facebook you might've seen my poor little Kindle. I have no clue what happened to it. I turned it on and all these lines started appearing  = ( I called and they couldn't send me a free one because I've had it for almost 3 years so I got like $10 off and bought a new one. Maybe it's my fault for not having a case for it, but I've never dropped it surprisingly.

Andrew and I wanted to go to Branson back in December but never made it. Well since Valentine's Day is this week, I mentioned us going and just getting away for a night. We stayed at the Hilton at The Landing (super nice). Before Branson, we had to go to Springfield to the Bass Pro Shop. Andrew's like a little boy in that store ha. We shopped at the Tanger Outlets after Bass Pro then went to the Landing got refreshed and went to dinner. If you've never been to The Landing, I recommend just for a quick, short drive getaway. It's a nice area with some shopping and restaurants all walking distance.
We went and ate at Cantina Laredo (our favorite there) and had a yummy dinner.
                               
                                   Gotta love the french tini's

AHHH, this brownie was the best thing ever!! No it's not in the Paleo/Zone Diet, but well worth it!


Andrew got me a really pretty necklace for Vday- I love love it. He knows I'm not a big jewelry person but that I do love the HOGS and will definitely wear it for the games!

Bib (who is whit's Aunt) is getting married in 2 WEEKS!! I'm so happy for her and can't wait to see her on her wedding day. I went to her Bachelorette party Saturday night- it was a great/funny night with a bunch of ladies!
                                              Bride to Be

   A "V" for Veteto, her new last name- don't even try to say it, I promise you'll get it wrong


It's turned winter this weekend and I hope we get at least some snow!!! Another day off work wouldn't be so bad =) Stay WARM

~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment