Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Wonderful weekend

Woo Hoo what a great win for our HOGS!! What a great weekend! My mom came into town this weekend to visit and for some BBBBQ. She got here pretty early Friday, and of course we went and ate lunch first = ) We went to the Green Bean in Rogers (at Village on the Creeks). This place is amazing! Bad thing is, they're only open M-F for lunch. I know sad day- I really wish they were at least open on Saturdays. This place has soups, salads, sandwiches and will sometimes have some sort of cookie bar for dessert and muffins. Everything is made with fresh ingredients- hence why it's so GOOD! I got a ham sandwich w/provolone cheese, and my mom got a turkey/fruit salad.
               The picture doesn't do it justice- I wish my sandwiches looked this pretty!
      


After lunch, we went and picked up my grandma and headed to Daisies & Olives. Daises & Olives is a flea market in downtown Prairie Grove. They have some really cute stuff. Mom and I found a couple of things that we loved = )

                 I found this great wood piece for $15! Yeah some of you crafty people are probably thinking I could do that for cheaper- but I'm not crafty and thought it was a great deal = ) We haven't decided if we're going to hang it or make a table out of it.
They had tons of the cute hogs with wings but then they also had these little hogs- they're different and mom and I had never seen them. So she got me one for my birthday and of course had to buy herself one

After doing some shopping and fighting the traffic, we decided to brave more traffic and hit up BBBBQ. I must admit I love going. Now as for the traffic- not so much! I have horrible road rage (hey, at least I admit it), and all this traffic was awful. It wasn't so bad in Rogers except for when you got on the interstate- AWFUL!! My mom, Sarah P., and Whit all went out together. We also met up with some other friends later in the night. We had a great/interesting night! 

I couldn't get a good picture- but this 4-wheeler/street legal bike was so cool. It was all decked out in Hog stuff





   Mom could not keep her eyes open due to the flash on the iPhone- this was like our 5th attempt and dying laughing

On Saturday Mom and I did a little bit more shopping. Then that night we + Andrew went and tried a new restaurant I've been dying to try!! The Table Mesa owner's opened up an Italian restaurant on the Bentonville square called Tavola Trattoria. It's right around the corner of Table Mesa and very delicious! Everyone must try it. My mom and Andrew both got spaghetti & meatballs (made from Kobe beef) and I got the chicken alfredo. 


I have to show off our new table/1930's refrigerator = ) I know random! Andrew and I have been looking for a table to put in the living room for decoration/to put decorations on. We've went to Flea Markets and have found great tables but they weren't in good shape and really expensive. Well, Andrew's dad found us a 1930's refrigerator- you know the one's they used to put their milk bottles in. He sanded it up for us and it looks perfect. I LOVE it. I didn't really know what to expect when Andrew told me about it (b/c I don't know if I've ever seen one) but it looks great in the living room.

Random picture of the sweet girl- she thinks she's a big ole' baby

It's going to be a busy week- my dad's coming into town tomorrow and this week I'm helping 2 of the girls from my work pack up for Ukraine!!! There are 2 ladies going a week earlier than the rest of us. Please keep them in your prayers for safe travels and for a great experience with families/orphanages. If you're not my friend on Facebook then you missed the video. Here's a video that can help show you a little bit of what we will all be doing in Ukraine = )  http://vimeo.com/26656175  Also, if you'd like to donate (any amount is great and tax deductible = ) go here: http://teamworksukraine.com/give

Hope everyone has a great week!
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment