Woody's

Woody's

Monday, October 10, 2011

Busy, Busy

Wow! What a busy week. It's going to be a quick blog with some updates because I'm an old lady and it's almost my bed time = )

Ukraine trip is coming up!!! We spent last Tues/Thurs evening to get everything packed up for the girls that left a week early and for the rest of us leaving THIS SATURDAY! You can see all the wonderful work the ladies are doing this week here- TEAMworks Blog! (http://www.teamworksukraine.com/?cat=4) I'm not really nervous anymore just very excited and can't wait to be there.

I took my dad to try out Tusk & Trotter last week. Of course yes, I've been there but knew he would like it. He got a yummy burger and I got a pork chop with delicious mashed potatoes.

Friday, I went to CrossfitNWA and got a brutal workout in.
Told you it was brutal = ) BUT, I can do pull-ups without a band now- WOO HOO!! Saturday they were still pretty sore, and I had to wrap my hands that day while tailgating because I didn't want stuff to get all in the blisters. So, I looked like a boxer, ok maybe just a weirdo. Now I'm just trying to get these hands healed before Ukraine. And yes, I was wearing my hand guards during the workout, but they were making me slip off the bar so I took them off. Probably the last time I do that!!!

Friday night I had some of my BFF's over for some dinner. I cooked chicken enchiladas and we had some cheese dip/salsa. April brought some cinnamon rolls from Briar Rose in Farmington. OMG, pop them in the microwave and they were to die for. As Andrew said, just looking at them made you think 700 calories (but there were probably more, ha)

On Saturday, Andrew and I went to Fayetteville to cheer on our Hogs. We started with some tailgating with great friends. Best of all, we beat Auburn!!




Oh look at this little cutie during tailgating!

Now I'm off to do reports, Russian lesson, and lay stuff out for packing. OH WAIT! Who's been watching Kardashian Wedding special- love it!!!

Please keep our group in your thoughts/prayers for safe travels and to reach out to everyone to show how kids with disabilities can do anything any other child can do. Let them understand the importance of therapy and how He has plans for these precious kids = )

Have a great week
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment