Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, April 3, 2011

What a Weekend

This weekend went by way too fast! I can't believe it's already Sunday and back to work tomorrow = ( I started off my weekend on Friday night celebrating my friend Sarah's birthday.  We went to Bordino's and had some yummy dinner and tini's. This is one of my favorite restaurants and they have an awesome chicken dish that I LOVE! Well I was bummed because it wasn't on the menu (granted there was a similar dish) but I asked if they could still make it. They couldn't make it because asparagus is out of season. Ugh I love the asparagus- it's the best part of the pasta! So I got the chicken fettuccine- it's pretty much what it sounds like in a white wine port sauce with shitakes (which i got taken out because I do not like mushrooms), bell peppers, spinach and I added roma tomatoes. YUMMY YUMMY! I loved it! Oh of course I took a picture of it too = )


Sarah also got some yummy dessert on the house for her birthday! She was nice enough to let all of us have some. Yummy creme brulee, thanks Sarah = )


                                   Sarah loves birthdays!
                  




                              The group at dinner (a little dark)


Saturday morning I woke up and picked up some breakfast from Starbucks before heading to my work meeting. After the meeting I met up with my mom! YAY! We went to lunch at Table Mesa in Bentonville. She's never been and says I never take her to the good places ha! We got some queso and split the curry chicken burrito. I've only been to table mesa 3 times and have gotten this meal every time. I need to learn to try new things, but once I find something I like I don't like to switch it up in case I hate it. 
After lunch we ran a couple of errands to get ready for the party at my house that night. Last night Andrew and I had a house-warming/stock the bar party- pretty much an excuse to get everyone together to hang out and see the house and celebrate getting married! We got lots of goodies and had fun hanging out with friends. Thanks to everyone that could make it- we had lots of fun!


                                   Love cookie cakes


Ok, if you don't know I love skull & crossbones. Big Kara found these cute little glass charms and of course I opened them and used them. (Couldn't figure out how to turn the photo)


Here's some pictures of the house with everything in it. This is more for everyone I work with. So if you've seen it you can just quit looking now; ) And I just realized I don't have a picture of the front of the house, oh well! I'll just have to have you all over for a girls night sometime! Some of the pictures are dark too- I need to start taking my pictures with an actual camera instead of my iPhone!


                                  One of side of living room


                                             Other side


   Extra bedroom- TV/Andrew's room when I'm hogging the living room TV


                                         Another view


                           Office/stuff we need to still put places = )


                                     Guest Bathroom


                                           Another view


                                         Guest Bedroom


                                               And again




                          Master Bedroom w/all my stuff on the bed


                                        Another view


                                         Master Bath


                                        Love the shower!

                                             The patio




My sweet girl loves the backyard- and this weekend we've finally got to leave her outside with this beautiful weather. She just lays there in the sun


That's the house- I'm so glad we're finally in and love it! I like the location too- it's kind of out in the country but it takes less than 10 minutes to get to Wal-Mart or to Pinnacle. Can't beat that!


The wedding is around the corner! First Vegas in 2 weeks then wedding! Andrew and I aren't going to do a guestbook instead we ordered a big picture frame with a white background that people can sign if they'd like to. I saw these at War Eagle and thought it was different and would be neat to hang up in the house after the wedding. It came in last week and I really like it.




I've already talked to the the DJ to finalize songs and this Friday I'm having my last meeting with the flower lady. Next week I'm sure I'll be meeting with the caterer to give them the final count. It's getting very REAL! Just can't wait until it's here! 


Everyone have a great week- hopefully the weather stays nice like it has been all weekend.
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment