Woody's

Woody's

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Venting Time

Yes it's venting time for me. I've actually calmed down a lot but now want to fill everyone in on this whole house thing and how ridiculous it has been! ha. If you are friends on my facebook then you know some of it from my statuses. Also, I've already vented to my mom and Whit so you don't have to read this again = )

So it started off on Monday- Benefit Bank who we're doing all the closing stuff through w/Rausch Coleman sent us papers to sign before our closing date (Friday 3/25). Well we noticed the picture on the front is not our house! So Andrew called and they said don't sign anything we'll send you a new packet with the right picture! Also, on Monday I got an e-mail from a lady from the bank needing more information from Andrew and I- so I worked in btwn. clients and had Andrew go to utility people to get the things they needed. One thing they needed was 3 non-traditional credits from the last 12 months- so we got everything to them! I asked if they needed anything but nope it all looked good!

This morning (thurs 3/24) I get an e-mail from the lady again stating that one of our utility bills was only for the last 11 months not 12! Ok seriously this 1-month is going to put a hold on our closing! SO Andrew calls the water company to ask if they can type us up a different statement saying the last 12-months and we'll pay our bill early. Well that wouldn't work because our cycle isn't over until end of April!!! Andrew even offered to still pay whatever but no they wouldn't do it! So this is when I go into panic mode because I really want to close on Friday to have the weekend to move stuff & we have to be out of the town house by April 1!

So Andrew calls Cox because we didn't turn that non-traditional credit in- but no they said it's against their company policy to give us the information showing we've paid the last 12-months! Are you kidding me??? You're giving it to us, it's our information! AHHHHHH!!! Stress level increases huge now!! This was our only chance until DING Andrew has another idea- Thank goodness for him!

Andrew got renter's insurance last March before moving into the town house! SO I e-mailed the lady and she said "YES HOORAY" this will work!! They just need to type up something saying we've made payments last 12-months! Well Andrew paid it all up front, so I tell her this and she says "It won't work, we need to see you've made payments the last 12-months". AGAIN are you kidding me?!?!? We get penalized for being good and paying something up front in full??? So i'm almost in tears and mad! (I'm sure you're all reading this and thinking you're a baby) ha! But can't help it, I did not realize what a mess this can be!

So I go back to Cox and they do print me off the last 12-months showing that I've paid- BUT it doesn't show due date of payment or anything so that won't work = ( So I write a very long e-mail to the lady from the bank explaining I don't understand how anyone young can buy their first house unless they've lived somewhere for over a year, because not everyone is going to have non-traditional credit for a year!!!! She just responds with "I know it's stressful, let me see what I can do". She e-mails me back a little later saying she talked to another processor and they said the "insurance statement" will work! YAY, everything is good to go now for closing on Friday!! SO I write back and ask are we still good to close even though that picture was wrong on those papers- because all the numbers matched up to our house. She said "I think so, I'll get back with you for sure later".

Well I got an e-mail saying "We cannot close due to the appraiser appraising the wrong house"!! Are you kidding me?? There's only 6 houses in the neighborhood, come on now, pay attention!!! Andrew talked to the realtor we got the house through and let her know what we thought about this whole process!!! We worked our butts off today to get everything they needed and the beginning of the week getting everything to them QUICK so we could hurry up and close!

So the realtor mentions maybe an early move-in since now we can't close until hopefully next Tuesday. Ok great- we'll take it!!! Because with Andrew's crazy schedule he's off on Sunday/Mondays so we can get a lot moved in! Then she calls back saying we can only put boxes in the garage- ok that's better than nothing but seriously just let us move stuff in the house! We already have insurance so if anything happens they'll cover it!

Oh gets better! Then she calls back again and says "Oh we're going to close tomorrow at 11, it's back on. The appraiser is going out to the house tonight and will have everything fixed by morning, and if we don't close we will let you start moving into the house".  So yes great news- but seriously people get your stuff together!! It's just been hard for me to because I've had to get someone to cover my kids at work, then wait never mind I can cover them because we're not closing. Oh wait! We are closing now so have to cancel some kiddos. It was been a roller-coaster! Thankfully the parents are very understanding. I'm not even excited at this point ha! I won't be until we actually sign or can move stuff in!

To the co-workers today- sorry if I've been hateful to any of you today = ) I don't think I was too bad I tried to stay calm and just vented to you all ha! So thanks for that! And giving me information because I've never done this. But i will tell you one thing- I'm not moving again FOR A VERY VERY VERY LONG TIME!! This has ruined me ha!

Exciting news- my dad is coming into town this weekend! I haven't seen him in a month or a little over! He gets to help move some stuff over the weekend yay! if we get to- I better quit jinxing myself!

Yeah this post isn't the greatest but thought I'd let everyone know how crazy this closing stuff has been
= )

Definitely went to CrossFit tonight to release some stress, and it worked I'm exhausted now!
Have a great weekend

1 comment:

  1. I hope everything works out in the morning!!! While reading this, I could totally hear you telling this story. Ha. Love and Prayers!!!

    ReplyDelete