Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring will be here soon

This weekend we had some great weather! I can't wait until Spring is here for good, and I hope we don't get that last snow storm I've been hearing about. I just want some warm weather.

This week has been great- one night some friends and I had taco night. I made 7 layer dip (well mine is actually only 5), and we had cheese dip, tacos, guacamole and no bake cookies.  Which I did not eat any cookies because I was going to give up sweets for Lent but then decided to give up just ice cream. If you know me then you know I eat way toooo much ice cream!!! Friday night I went to eat at Feltner's on Dickson, and you'll never believe it but I didn't eat a hot dog!! I ate a cheeseburger and fries and it was sooo good!  Later on that night some friends and I ate at Waffle House on Dickson- it's very nice and of course was so good. I always get the All-star (eggs, bacon, waffles, hash browns & toast).

Saturday morning Andrew and I met his parents at the new house to show them how far it has come along since they had seen it 2 weeks ago. We get to do our walk-through on Tuesday evening at 4- I can't wait. We've seen a couple things they need to fix but hopefully they get those taken care of quick so we can close and start MOVING!! I can't wait to move all of our stuff from our showers into the new place! After looking at the house we went to Men's Warehouse to pick out the tuxes- well I already picked them out so just had to get fitted for them = ) I picked there because they can match the groomsmen vests/tie to match the bridesmaid's shoes.

Saturday night Andrew and I went to do Driving Dickson Street to help raise money for Miracle League (baseball for kids with disabilities). There were 9 bars that participated and you went around to each one and played Putt-Putt- at the end you turned in your score sheet and your team would get trophies if you won! Each bar designed their own putt-putt and I think people voted on them.  We left before any of the voting. Some bars had really cool ones and some not so much! Here's some pictures of some of the good ones.
                    West End- probably my favorite just because of the Hog!

                                  Carmen and I got a hole-in-one. We were excited

                             Jose's- it was so hard! Had to hit the ball over the chips into the hole!

                        King Fish- kind of hard to see but you had to get it in a cup- it was really hard too

                                                        Wine Cellar

                      Grub's- this is where the night ended and they had a band

Today I had my work shower. One of client's mom's wanted to have it at her house in Springdale (thanks Hailey!). I got a lot of GREAT stuff. I got some baking pans/William Sonoma gift card, flour/sugar antique looking canisters, Pyrex dishes, shower curtain/trash can/tumbler/toothbrush holder/kleenex holder for our bathroom, a huge soft blanket with our names & wedding date monogrammed on it, mortar & pestle, Arkansas serving platter, martini glasses, crystal serving platter. Again can't wait to get them in the new house and start using them!!!! Thanks everyone who came- loved everything! 
After the shower my friend Whitney and I went to go play some kickball. First game of the season- we lost but oh well!

The wedding is almost here! I can't believe it- I'm counting down the days for Vegas and the Wedding!



Everyone have a great week! I'm getting my bridal portraits done on Sunday! I can't wait to put on my dress agin ha!
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment