Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Wonderful week with friends

It was has been a great week! I got together with great friends from HS last week and went to a jewelry party and ordered some goodies = ) Friday night Andrew and I went to a cocktail party the Wien's Family was hosting at their house. It was also their year anniversary and they wanted to celebrate with friends/family. Every couple brought their favorite cocktail. We of course took French Martini's = ) If you haven't had one of these- it's a definite must, YUMMY! There was great food including a roasted pig. It was sad to see them roasting it but oh my it tasted delicious.

                      Andrew & Wiens (aka Dustin) cutting up the pig
                                         Jenn & I


                                  Woody's & Dill's

Andrew had to work Saturday morning for just a bit- when he got off work we went to Fayetteville to pick up Big Kara and start tailgating for the Hog game. Well we were about to leave Kara's when she asked "You got your tickets right?" I just look at her, crap! Forgot the tickets, so back to Rogers we go, ugh! I'm just glad she asked because I would've been so mad if it was 4:30 and we realized it. It was a great game. I just watched the BCS standings and I am one happy girl = ) Now just if we win next week and hopefully kick some LSU booty.
                         Love you both Walnuts ; ) Hehe
                                   


Today was a gorgeous day. It's crazy how windy it was yesterday at the game and down in the 50's. Then today mid 70's plus some wind but felt great. I took my nala girl for a little run/walk, and she was pretty excited. Andrew got home and hung up some of the new stuff I got. There's a store called Vintage Glam and Junque in Downtown Rogers that has some cute stuff. I asked her if she could make a cross for me since the ones she had in the stores didn't match my living room. I finally went and picked it up and I love it!



For my birthday Kara (SIL) made me a board that says "Woody's" and has our wedding date on it. I was excited because I saw these at War Eagle but just got the companies card because it was so crowded. I hadn't gotten around to ordering one and I'm glad I didn't = )

I should've taken a picture before Andrew hung it. The letters behind our names looks silver but they're black. iPhone pictures didn't turn out the greatest of it



I decided to make some yummy creamy potato soup tonight. I did it all by myself (yay!!!) Big accomplishment for me who never cooks ; ) Here's the recipe from my friend Lacey.


Ingredients:
4 large red potatoes cubed 
1/4 onion chopped 
1 heaping tablespoon minced garlic
1 heaping tablespoon minced chives
1 cup milk 
4 cups chicken stock
6 pieces bacon, fried crisp and chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil 
1/2 block cream cheese

Directions:
1. In a large pot bring water to boil. Add in potatoes and boil for 10 minutes. While the potatoes are boiling fry and chop bacon. Set aside. 

2. In a small skillet, sauté onions and garlic in olive oil until onions are transparent and garlic is golden brown. 

3. When potatoes are tinder, drain water and return to pot. slowly add milk and chicken stock. Then add onion/garlic sauté, cream cheese, chives, and bacon. Save pinches of bacon to top soup in bowl. 

4. Cook on medium to low heat for 15 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste. 

It turned out great and was very yummy.

I also made some hashbrown casserole for my work's Thanksgiving Potluck tomorrow! Mmmmm....I'm very excited for some yummy yummy food. 

Have a great week, I'm looking forward to LR this weekend for the game. Oh and Breaking Dawn on Friday night!!!
~Kara~

1 comment:

  1. I am sooo proud of you! Next thing I know you will be trowing stuff together and not measuring anymore :)

    ReplyDelete