Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, November 20, 2011

WE LOVE OUR HOGS!!!

What an amazing weekend for our HOGS! I have been on cloud 9 ever since watching OU lose last night (sorry to you OU fans). I've been waiting all day to watch the BCS rankings to see that we're #3 (which never got to see it since stupid Nascar was on, so just got on ESPN.com)!! WPS! Now we've just got to come out and play some ball Friday and kick some LSU booty.
Sad news about the Razorback football player- prayers for his family/friends.

On Friday, Whit, her mom Kellye and I went down to Conway to spend the night with my parents. We also had tickets waiting on us to see Breaking Dawn at 10pm. Kellye hasn't seen all the movies so she watched them on her laptop while we played the movie through my car speakers. Yes Whit and I love Twilight that much = ) We got in line early because of course there was a line and I didn't want to wait outside, too cold. Good thing we did too because we got great seats for the 6 of us (mom and her friends went too). Breaking Dawn was amazing and I'd go see it again in a heartbeat- definitely go see it if for some reason you haven't yet.

Saturday morning we woke up early to go tailgate for the game. My mom made us some yummy chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast- thanks mom! After breakfast we headed to LR. Tailgating was fun as always and of course we had a great win.
               We were excited we got to see Drewbie

                           Way to go HOGS


Thursday night Andrew and I went to see Randy Rogers band at George's with the Pomietlo's (Chad/Sarah). It was Chad's birthday gift from Sarah but we tagged along. BUT first we went and introduced them to Herman's. I haven't had Herman's since we've moved to Rogers (I know way too long). I love their pork medallions (pork wrapped in bacon with their amazing hash-browns). I'm not a big fan of country music but this band wasn't too bad.

Thanksgiving is going to be here soon! Our potluck theme for work on Monday was Thanksgiving dinner and it was delicious! There was tons of food and about 6 pies plus a cookie cake
                       Look at all those goodies

Yes that's the cookie cake covered in icing! I'm sure it tasted good but I just couldn't do it with that much icing

                    Mmmm more desserts

Today we had Thanksgiving with some of Andrew's side of the family. We went to his Aunt Darcy's and everything was wonderful- thanks Darcy. We even brought home some extra cherry and pumpkin pie for a late snack, yummy.

I got up early this morning to go to Wal-Mart to beat the sunday before Thanksgiving shoppers! My parents are going to come here for Thanksgiving and I'm going to cook for us! EEEEEEK, I know right, me cook?!?!? I keep telling myself I can do it = ) So next blog hopefully you'll be seeing pictures of all my yummy dishes I'll be making- or a picture of the restaurant we'll have to eat at because it's all bad, ha! Surely I won't mess it up that bad!
It was nice getting to Wal-Mart early because I had TONS to get without having to fight the crowd. I was seriously there for an hour trying to find everything = ) So we have tons of grocery in the house but can't eat any of it until Thursday.

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving with family/friends. And cheer hard for the big game Friday.

~Kara~


No comments:

Post a Comment