Woody's

Woody's

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

Yes I realize this is a little later but oh well! Hope everyone had a great mother's day who are mother's- granted I consider myself a mom! I have my Nala girl and Andrew told me Happy Mother's Day = ) ha
After work Friday I went to Conway (well Greenbrier) to spend the weekend with my parents and mom for mother's day. I get off early on Friday's and it's nice to drive that long without much traffic. There are usually still quite a bit of semi's though, and one cut me off...but then I realized what it was and I was ok with it cutting me off = )
Yes that is a HOG on the back of that semi. I've never seen a truck like this, but it was awesome. No nagging me for taking pictures while driving- you would've too if you love the Hogs. Seeing this truck made me want football season here even worse! I CANNOT WAIT!!! Some friends and I are already planning which away game we'll be attending.
Here's some more pictures of the semi

On my last post I posted a picture of the rice fields by my parents house and all the water. Well I took another picture and it still looks like a lake!
My dad told me how he heard the people had already planted these fields too- I feel so bad for them especially if this is their only job! I could not be a farmer!
I finally got to my parents after all the picture taking and just hung out Friday night. Saturday I slept in until 10- OMG I haven't slept-in in forever...it felt amazing! We got ready and went to LR for some shopping and met up with Drewbie (Drew) for lunch and she had wedding gifts for me = ) After lunch mom and I got some yogurt and then came back to Conway and went to see Water for Elephants. I wanted to read the book first but knew that wouldn't happen so we went and saw it. (We were actually wanting to see Scream 4- yes we like scary movies and have seen all the others, but it wasn't playing anymore which means it stinks I'm sure) Water for Elephants was really good, I cried (won't give away details) but we both liked it.
Sunday morning we went to eat at US pizza in downtown Conway before I came back to Rogers. I got back wrote a report for work and then headed to Fayetteville to eat at Tim's Pizza with Andrew's family for his mom's mother's day dinner. I know I already had pizza- but I love pizza, so it didn't bother me at all.
Monday night I went to one of Sarah P.'s friends house for a craft night. Some of them were going to make spring/summer wreaths. I told her I'm not crafty but she convinced me to come. She showed me a picture off Etsy that she was going to try- people were wanting $40 for these wreaths and I thought they looked pretty easy to make. For me to say that and not just pay the $40 is saying something! Sarah was very kind and went and got stuff for me that day since I had to work all day. I didn't think I was ever going to finish but I did. I really like it, so even if you don't just humor me- I finally did a craft on my own! haha- well except for those flowers- whoops! Sarah's friend AB made them when I was finishing up on the wreath part.
It's a simple little wreath but I wasn't about to go extravagant like my Christmas one. Just a simple Spring/Summer one! And I couldn't have made one as good as my christmas one thanks to Big Kara!

When I got home Monday night Andrew had finished out cabinets. I was excited to get them moved in so we go start filling it up and unpacking some more wedding stuff! I think it turned out great!

                                           With most of our goodies

Tuesday night I went to Fayetteville after work to have dinner with a bunch of my best friends from HS. This time we got takeout from Gusano's (thanks whitney for pick up) and got some of their brownies. MMmmmmm...it was so good and cheap, and I didn't have to cook anything to take. It was great getting together and catching up as always.

My photographer from my wedding e-mailed 2 sneak peak pictures from the wedding until my album is done! I can't wait to see the rest!


There are lots of weddings to go to this summer. I have 2 in June and 1 in July. Andrew's sister's wedding is in August. The wedding festivities just keep rolling- I can't wait for her big day and everything leading up to it!
Hope everyone has a great rest of week.
~Kara~

No comments:

Post a Comment