Woody's

Woody's

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas 2013/Year in review

The weekend before Christmas we went to Griffin's birthday party! After Kristin (Griffin's mom) and I met we started talking about our sons and realized that Cooper was born on Griffin's due date, and Griffin was born on Cooper's due date. They're exactly 1 week apart- I thought that was crazy and cool (I know I'm weird). Griffin had a little bouncy house at his party and the kids loved it!

                          Cooper and his girlfriend, Blakely
                                            Cooper & Griffin
                                     Having fun at the party!!!

We had a great Christmas this year! I'm not going to lie, it's a little exhausting with a 1-year old! Just having to keep your eye on them and trying to get naps in- whew! My parents came in town Christmas Eve and spent the night. We went to my grandma's house Christmas Eve day and Christmas morning we went to Andrew's parents house and then his grandma Jo's house.

On Christmas Eve night we baked some cookies for Santa. I wanted to get a cute little picture of Cooper sitting by Santa's cookies and sitting in front of one of our trees in his pjs. I don't know why I thought this would be so easy! I took about a million pictures but pictured some good ones.

Cooper loves food so he instantly went after Santa's cookies. I realized after I posted this on FB that it looks like he is about to fall off the table- i promise you he's not- no baby was injured during photo session ;)

Cooper loves opening presents at our house, but I think there was just too much going on at other people's houses to open them. He just wanted to get into everything = )


 Quick picture at Andrew's parents house before all the presents were torn open- Cooper was less than impressed that we woke him up.

            Cousin love in their loungers from Mimi and Pawpaw



We've started brushing Cooper's teeth, ummm….his 2 teeth. Drumroll...He has one coming in on the top FINALLY! 
We've been trying to remember to it twice a day, but it doesn't always work out like that.
We've also started using silverware. It's funny because he'll pick things up with his fingers and put it on the spoon or fork. We have quite messy meals
 Cooper also got to try some of my hot chocolate. He was grabbing and reaching so I let him try- of course he loved it
     
Found him a gun at Cabela's with daddy- no we didn't buy it…yet!

I can't believe 2013 is over! It definitely flew by faster with a kid. We had some big changes in 2013 with Andrew's job change to Benton County Sheriff, selling our house in Rogers and moving to Bella Vista, and being parents. It was a great year and can't wait to see what 2014 brings us!

Here's Cooper's monthly pictures from last year. I got a little teary eyed looking through them all, can't believe how much he's changed! Truly is bittersweet. Cooper sure has taught us a lot in the past year. It is true that no one understands what a parent feels for their child until they have one as their own = ) We love you so much Cooper!











Hope everyone had a great 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment